Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Opposites Attract Me

I am a high school student who created this blog for History class.


What makes a teacher great is their attitude towards the curriculum and the students. A great teacher has so much enthusiasm that the students can't help but to get excited. A great teacher is strict when the time comes, but is also someone I would be willing to come to if I had any type of problem.  All of my favorite teachers have had qualities like these. One was very strict, but I got a lot out of the class and still enjoyed my time while the other was happy and friendly while still managing to get information across. They both were great, but in different ways. One way that a teacher could support me would be to encourage me, but not let me become a control freak (which I sometimes do become).

After watching John Green's video(to the right), I feel like as a society we need to work on getting more people educated. There are people out there who could cure cancer, but can't because they could not get the proper education. It makes me feel lucky that I live in a town with such a nice school system.
One of my goals this year is to be more organized, whether it be with my binders// notebooks or my locker, I need to conquer the problem that is disorganization. This is going to be a real challenge for me because I find that if I become crunched for time and start putting papers wherever, it all goes downhill from there. I guess then that this is also a sort of time management goal, but mainly its just taking the time I need to make sure everything is nice and neat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment